5.20.2010

Worth The Wait!

Love


Ahhhh! What an astonishing word! A word so typical? No, the right word for it is famous. A word so famous that even a two-year old kid knows. It’s known worldwide that I guess it will always be the number one trending topic to us teenagers. I believe even in a gazillion millenniums, this word would still hit the charts big time, it would never wear out.

Have you ever fallen in love? Did you experience having a thousand butterflies in your stomach and being so cold that you felt like you were in Alaska every time he/she is near you? How about feeling like your day is incomplete if you don’t see or even just hear something from him/her? And doing stupidly preposterous things you can’t even imagine? Oh, how about composing a poem or a song for him/her? And hoping for a miracle that he/she would love you back? Did you? Well, I did. I experienced all of those.

I am but a teenager, and I admit, I fall in love easily. Some may call it stupidity but I think it’s just me being a youngster. But even though I easily fall in love with someone, I find it hard to fall out of love. I even had one love in my ENTIRE four years in high school. Well, at least I think it was love. I guess most of us teenagers have this syndrome that if we like or “love” someone, we claim them to be the love of our lives forever. I get this almost all the time. I feel like he’s the one! My destiny. My other half... Call me crazy but it’s me.


Because of this syndrome, we become invincible! We become numb to pain. We disregard ourselves; we forget our own desires for our loved ones’ sake. It sometimes comes to a point where we fail to remember that in order to love others we must first love ourselves; that we should have what we give out. That’s where we are wrong.

Yes, love always comes with pain. But what’s erroneous is that we suffer it for the wrong person. We concentrate to an individual that we disregard the one worth suffering the pain for. And we should stop this syndrome. We shouldn’t love too much. As the song goes, “There’s a danger in loving somebody too much.” Well, at least let’s wait for the right person to pour out all our love.

Love is full of magic and beauty. It brings you to worlds you can’t even imagine, to fairytales, to lands of wonders. It gives you the best feeling in the world. It gives meaning to life. Yet, like any other thing this earth could offer, it can harm. I guess love is and will always be painful. But that doesn’t mean we have to stop loving and be dead. It’s just that we have to control it. Meantime, let’s enjoy life! Let’s love a little, but let’s always wait for the one destined for us, the one born for us, the one written in the stars, the only one God wants us to be with... our TRUE LOVE.

I’ll wait for my true love, even if it takes me years. Because I know God will give me the best love story I could ever dream of having, I know that perfect love will be worth waiting for. I hope you do so too.#

No comments:

Post a Comment