5.19.2010

The Green Pen Power

Mentor, motivator, teacher -- these are just few of the roles a journalist plays. He opens the minds of the readers to the things unseen and unheard. He is a catalyst for change.

A writer should not only write about topics that could capture the attention of the readers. He should be righteous enough to write what is right. He should write about things readers must know because he is a catalyst for change.

I am a writer. Indeed, I am blessed to be one. It is because I know that somehow, I can bring change through my prowess and thoughts. I know I can be a catalyst for change.

In a school built in green and white, a school paper named LUNTIAN was made. There, student writers are molded to be potters of the student body. Writers like me are taught to write from the heart, not from the mind because we should be catalysts for change.

Our world resides in total darkness. Poverty, child and material mortality, environmental destruction -- these are just some of the conundrums we face. But together, we can defeat these evil forces that wraps our dying earth. We are comforted knowing that with God, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Through our school paper, we can inspire students to be the spark, to start the change we want to see. We can share our thoughts and maybe, just maybe, our thoughts could be turned into actions. We are certainly agents for change.

Our Luntian plays a great role to the school community but we do not have the hands to change. The works of our green pens can only urge you to act, to wake up and to pull the plug to this fiasco. It is you who have the power to make a change, we are just catalysts for change.#

P.S. This was the article I wrote when I competed for the Schools Press Conference during my senior year in high school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment